BLACKBOARD QUICKSTART TIPS
WHICH WEB BROWSER CAN I USE?
the PC, you should be using Internet
On the Macintosh, you should be using Safari
HOW DO I GET STARTED WITH A BLACKBOARD USER ACCOUNT?
1. Open your browser and go to the following web address: https://www.bridgew.edu/accountregistration.cfm
2. Click the Claim a Blackboard User Account link
3. Type your BSU username in the Username field
4. Type your BSU password in the Password field
5. Click the Submit button. Your Blackboard user account will be activated within 24 hours (1 business day)
HOW DO I ENROLL IN MY COURSE?
1. Open your browser and
go to the following web address: http://blackboard.bridgew.edu
2. Click the Course Listings button
3. Locate your course name, title, and section from the course listings. Click the Enroll button next to your course name
4. A Login box will appear. Type your BSU username and password. Click the Login button
5. Click the Submit button to enroll in your course
6. You are now enrolled in your course. Click the OK button to proceed into your course
HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD?
Your Blackboard password
is your BSU password.
To change your BSU password, directions follow: http://it.bridgew.edu/Security/password_change_howto.cfm
There is a Blackboard Tutorial course available which provides students with step-by-step instruction into the basic workings of Blackboard. The course is entitled VC002-001 Blackboard Tutorial, and can be located by going to http://blackboard.bridgew.edu. You may access the course by first clicking the Course Listings button, then click the link to the VC002-001 Blackboard Tutorial course, which will be located towards the bottom of the course listings. The username and password to access this course are as follows:
Username (all lowercase)
Password (all lowercase) - guestbb
More Blackboard Questions? Contact Support Services at 508.531.2555 or firstname.lastname@example.org